The Commission publishes a series of guides to taking part in appeals and pubic inquiries/hearings.
These publications are as follows:
- Procedures for Planning and Water Appeals (PDF 178 KB)
- Procedures for Enforcement Notice, Listed Building Enforcement Notice and Submission Appeals (PDF 156 KB)
- Procedures for Public Local Inquiries into Development Schemes (PDF 129 KB)
- Procedures for Hearings Concerning the Need for Environmental Impact Assessment (PDF 85 KB)
- Procedures for Appeals - The Pollution Prevention and Control Regulations (NI) 2003 (PDF 132 KB)
- Procedures for Public Local Inquiries into a Road Scheme in the A5 Western Transport Corridor (PDF 68 KB)
- What to expect at an Accompanied Site Visit (PDF 956 KB)
- Procedures for Independent Examinations of Local Development Plans (PDF 104 KB)
- Draft procedures for local development plan examinations - Commission's responses to comments received (PDF 175 KB)
Copies of these publications are available from:-Planning Appeals Commission
87-91 Great Victoria Street
Tel: 028 90244710
Fax: 028 90312536
How to access PDF files
Some sections within this site make use of Portable Document Format (PDF) files to deliver large or carefully formatted pages such as application forms, reports and magazines.
To browse these documents you can install a product called Adobe Acrobat Reader. This FREE software allows you to view navigate and print PDF files. It is widely used across the Internet and is compatible with all major computer platforms.
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded from the Adobe website.
If you use a screen reader which synthesises text as audible speech you may experience difficulty reading PDF files. The Access Adobe website provides online tools which may help you convert documents. The site can be found at this link: